In-Depth Training Programs
Presented by Paul Reilly
When salespeople embrace the VAS philosophy and execute it strategically and tactically, they will compete aggressively and profitably on their total value, not just price. Visit this page to learn more about the sales training options available as a public seminar or in-house training for salespeople.
Crush Price Objections
Price objections were the spark that ignited the Value-Added Selling revolution. Even though price objections remain the number one objection salespeople encounter on a daily basis, salespeople are woefully unprepared to deal with them. This results in price-sensitive customers out-negotiating salespeople. You win price wars one price battle at a time.
Crush Price Objections arms salespeople with the tactical knowledge they need to prevail in price negotiations—to persist when buyers resist. Crush Price Objections is an expanded topic from Value-Added Selling. The specific focus of this program is dealing with price-sensitive customers and protecting margins. Here are the topics covered in this one-day training seminar:
- Introduction to Crush Price Objections
- Preemptively guiding the conversation down a path of value
- Ten realities of price resistance that shape the price-sensitive landscape
- The latest research on price shoppers
- Psychology of decision making
- Preparing to sell in a price-sensitive market
- Utilizing pressure points to make price less of an issue
- Gaining a preemptive selling advantage with better questions
- How to enlarge the conversation beyond price with compelling presentations
- Key strategies for price objections
At the end of this module, your people will be able to
- Identify the number one reason customers object to price;
- List three probing strategies to gain a preemptive selling advantage;
- Identify different buyer profiles using DISC;
- List three positive pricing attitudes to shape your behavior;
- List three pricing precepts to shape your pricing attitude; and
- Demonstrate three strategies to overcome price resistance.
Value proposition for this training: When salespeople embrace this message and apply these strategies and tactics, they will gain a pre-emptive selling advantage and respond effectively to price resistance if it surfaces.
Coaching for Sales Success
Consider the following statistics:
- 56% of salespeople say they are not being coached the right way by their sales managers;
- 57% of salespeople want more coaching from their managers; and
- 60% of salespeople want better coaching from their sales managers.
In Coaching for Sales Success, we teach your managers how to coach more effectively. The purpose of this one-day workshop is to teach sales leaders how to create the value-added sales culture. If salespeople report to you, your number one responsibility is to coach. Here are the topics covered in this one-day workshop:
- How to build and sustain the value-added movement
- Recruiting and selection
- Setting sales objectives
- Training and developing
- Compensation and motivation
- Coaching your sales team
At the end of this workshop, your managers will be able to
- List three ways to build and sustain the value-added movement;
- List three ideas for recruiting and selecting the right salespeople;
- Detail the SMARTER method for setting objectives;
- Create a training and development plan;
- Detail three ways to motivate the sales team; and
- List three ways to become a better coach.
Value proposition for this module: When you embrace the value-added philosophy and build a sales management infrastructure around this go-to-market strategy, your company will compete aggressively and profitably by extracting more value from your team and your market.
This training is available as an in-house seminar or through our public seminar offerings.
Touch Points of Value
Introduction to Touch Points of Value
Every touch point with your products, services, or customers—whether it is direct or indirect—is an opportunity to create value for the customer and profit for your company.
Every touch point of value separates your company from the crowd. Every product or service, wrapped in creativity and delivered conscientiously, becomes a differentiated product or service and a unique customer experience.
In this program, the group will be introduced to the Value-Added Philosophy. Here are the topics covered:
- The Value-Added Philosophy
- How to define value
- Identifying your value-added
- Lowering overall cost by applying the Value-Added Philosophy
- Touch Points of Value defined
- Developing a customer-focused approach
- Proactively serving customers
- Creating value for the customer, your team, and your organization
At the end of this module, participants will be able to
- Define the Value-Added Philosophy and how it applies to your business;
- List three value-added extras that enhance the customer experience;
- List three ideas to create more value for customers;
- Detail three ways to be more customer focused; and
- List three ideas to recruit and hire value-added employees.
Value proposition for this module: When your team embraces the value-added message, they will proactively serve customers and provide a better overall experience.
Touch Points of Value: Managing the customer experience
Properly managing the customer experience is critical to overall customer satisfaction. Customers value a consistent experience across multiple touch points. In this module, we focus on the tactical execution of Touch Points of Value. Here are the topics covered:
- Managing the customer experience using the GUARD® Method
- Greeting the customer positively
- Understand the customer’s needs using the GAP® Probing Model
- Acknowledging customer concern
- Responsiveness to the customer’s needs
- Determine what else you can do for the customer
At the end of this module, your people will be able to
- List three tips to greet the customer positively;
- Uncover the customer’s needs;
- Demonstrate empathy and sincerity when responding to the customer; and
- List three ways to exceed the customer’s expectation.
Value proposition for this module: When your employees properly manage the customer experience, they will serve the customer consistently and conscientiously.