Value-Added Selling is a content-rich message of hope: You can compete aggressively and outsell the competition while maintaining your profitability. The theme of this customer-oriented philosophy is Add value, not cost; sell value, not price. Value-added salespeople are more focused on making a difference than just making a deal. They know that a cheap price is not the only way to compete—they compete with their total value-added solution.
Value-Added Selling is more than a book or seminar; it is a philosophy. This sets Value-Added Selling apart from other books and training. Value-Added Selling is built on a simple, yet powerful, value-added philosophy: Do more of that which adds value and less of that which adds little or no value. Value-Added Selling teaches salespeople how to think about selling. Their conceptual grasp of the selling process coupled with their strategic insight and tactical expertise give them a competitive edge over salespeople who simply go through the motions.
Value-Added Selling helps salespeople reach their full potential by increasing their knowledge, skill, and sales proficiency. Salespeople learn to…
- Focus strategically by identifying high-value target accounts, fully penetrating these accounts, and thoroughly understanding the buyer’s needs.
- Persuade buyers with positioning, differentiating, and presenting compelling reasons for why the buyer should choose the salesperson’s total value.
- Support customers by making it painless for them to buy, and by building personal and professional relationships with buyers.
- Sell deeper after the initial sale by seeking ways to re-create value, getting credit for their value-added, and fully leveraging existing customer relationships.
- Plan and execute tactically the Value-Added Selling philosophy.
Value-Added Selling Overview
The Value-Added Selling Philosophy
This opening module introduces salespeople to Value-Added Selling and encourages them to embrace this sales philosophy.
- The Value-Added Organization—how companies compete with value-added
- Introduction to the Value-Added philosophy
- Introduction to Value-Added Selling
- What buyers really want from sellers—it’s not just a cheap price
- Customer messaging—how to identify and communicate your total value
The Value-Added Sales Process®
This module is a conceptual and strategic overview of the Value-Added Selling Process®. In this module, salespeople learn about the eleven things they must do to sell their value-added solution.
- Critical Buying Path®
- Identifying the steps customers go through to procure total value and leverage the solution
- Understanding value from the customer’s point of view
- Value-added offensive selling strategies (how to identify and acquire new business)
- Target Selection (identifying viable sales opportunities)
- Target Penetration (selling at different levels in an organization)
- Customer-izing (getting inside the customer’s head)
- Positioning (maximizing your image)
- Differentiation (selling against the competition)
- Presenting (why buy your solution)
- Value-added defensive selling strategies (how to retain and grow existing business)
- Serving (logistics support)
- Relationship Building (building strong customer bonds)
- Tinkering (continuous improvement and recreating value)
- Reinforcement (getting credit for your value-added)
- Leveraging (extracting maximum value from your accounts)
Value-Added Selling Tactical Overview
- Six call preparation questions salespeople must ask before every call
- The Call Planning Guide®
The Value-Added Sales Call
- Opening with impact
- Establishing rapport
- Previewing your objectives
- Probing for needs: The Needs Analysis
- Mechanics of probing
- Three critical probing areas of customer needs
- Presenting your company’s solution
- Presentation style—personal persuasion
- Presentation substance—designing compelling messages
- Closing strategies: Gaining Commitment Post-call activities
- Analysis of the sales call
- Follow-up action and strategies
- Role Play (practice with feedback)
When you embrace this message, and apply these strategies and tactics you will experience the following benefits…
- Sell more profitably
- Compete on your total value, not just on price
- Identify viable sales opportunities and penetrate these accounts
- Get the credit you deserve and increase business with existing customers
- Build your confidence and your competence
- Identify and communicate your value-added more effectively
- Increase your personal value to the customer and to the company
- Nail shut your back door on existing customers
- Develop more stable and stronger relationships with customers
- Project a more professional and powerful image
- Gain greater control of the sales process and navigate it smoothly
This training is available as an in-house seminar or through our public seminar offerings.